As we age, we naturally lose the layer of fat just below the surface of the skin. This accentuates any fine lines as the facial muscles are closer to the surface. At the same time the skin becomes less elastic, adding to the loss of facial volume. Dermal fillers can be used to:
- Restore volume to thinning lips
- Soften facial lines and wrinkles
- Restoring volume to cheeks
- Improve the appearance of facial scars
- Smooth out facial contours
Treatment is very safe and while the effects are temporary, they can last between 6-12 months. Sometimes it can be nice to use this treatment in conjunction with botullinum toxin to provide the best and most natural results.
The use of botillinum toxin and dermal fillers can be included in an overall smile rejuvenation process.